Lead Director, Global Technical Account Manager
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Lead Director, Technical Account Management (TAM) will help lead and grow the TAM team across the APAC region. This candidate will play a prevalent role in understanding the department’s initiatives and helping to advocate for their team’s needs. The Lead Director, TAM will also serve as a key individual contributor, linking between the business, product and engineering teams. They will serve as a point of escalation for their team when they are faced with larger client/partner roadblocks. They will be responsible for helping partners overcome challenges by delivering innovative, scalable solutions and re-enforcing the Trade Desk’s values. We are looking to hire someone who understands web technology, learns fast, is not afraid of complexity, is comfortable working with both clients and technical teams, and has experience leading a team.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
The Lead Director, Technical Account Management oversees a regional team of TAMs who are responsible for managing integrations with clients, inventory/publisher partners, data partners and others. The TAM team is responsible for guaranteeing the technical aspects of the assigned partner integrations (both new and ongoing) by providing necessary documentation and technical guidance. They serve as liaisons between our partners and Engineering teams. This candidate is expected to understand the Trade Desk’s initiatives and convert them into actionable tasks for their team. The Lead Director will be expected to anticipate their team’s needs and ensure that they are equipped for success. They should act as a mentor and teacher with the goal of instilling confidence in his/her team’s skillset to tackle any and all issues. They should be a solution-oriented advisor and must be able to understand and communicate advanced engineering concepts to non-technical stakeholders. The Lead Director should be comfortable working with clients and other departments to help create solutions for issues. They should understand the regional client/partner demand, identify new opportunities for growth and communicate where our products can better help our partners’ businesses.
- Strong acumen for technical account problem solving - including analytic, troubleshooting, and general problem-solving abilities.
- Great written & verbal communication skills – This candidate will interact with some of our company’s largest clients and partners. They should understand and communicate The Trade Desk’s value proposition and technology; evangelizing The Trade Desk to partners.
- Project management abilities — This candidate will be responsible for understanding the department’s initiatives and executing into actionable items across their team. They will be responsible for setting timelines, keeping all stakeholders up to date, and independently driving the process forward. Superb attention to detail is an absolute must. Experience with a formal project management method is a plus.
- Ability to influence people – Superior customer relationship and account management skills including the ability to influence/advocate TTD’s product/technology initiatives to clients.
- Fast learner — Candidate must be able to quickly grasp & learn new technical subjects and be able to explain them to others.
- Coach – Must enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You should have a passion for educating, training, and enabling the confidence of TAM team members to think critically. Must have the skills to develop leaders.
- The person in this role will work with deal-makers and various teams such as product, engineering, sales, etc. to manage key technical relationships and derive maximum value for our partnerships. Candidate must be able to communicate and navigate between all parties.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 8+ years of work experience in a technical client-facing role
- At least 3+ years in a product/technical management role
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university
- Proficient working knowledge of Excel, Office and Outlook is a must
- Experience with SQL, web technologies/web programming languages, and API’s is strongly preferred
- Demonstrable creative thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and perform in a fluid, fast-paced work environment
- Experience working with clients, product, and engineering teams - with the ability to break down complex concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience managing a regional team
- Experience hiring and building a team
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effective
- Experience with digital advertising technology is a major plus\
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.