Senior/Principal Product Manager
A Bit About Us:
Global advertising is undergoing a rapid and monumental transition to the modern age. Hundreds of billions of dollars are moving away from handshakes and backroom deals and onto open, transparent ad exchanges. As a leader in this transition, The Trade Desk is bringing a level of sophistication to advertising that has only been seen in financial markets.
With integrations into every major advertising exchange, we handle well over 4 trillion requests every month and growing – that's more page views and queries than Facebook, Google Search, and Google's entire network of websites combined – all serviced within a fraction of a second. Are you interested in working with big data? Do you want to push the edges of scale and responsiveness? It doesn't get much bigger or faster than this!
We have also built something even stronger and more valuable: an award-winning culture based on trust, empathy, collaboration, and ownership. By working closely together and having a lot of fun, we are better as a team than any of us could be separately.
Do you have a passion for solving hard problems at scale? Are you eager to join a trust-based, globally-connected team, where your contributions will make a meaningful difference?
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for driven Senior Product Manager, who has the ability to learn, convince, prototype, build, measure, and refine the next generation of online advertising tools in a lean/agile development environment. The ideal candidate will be technical, driven, think creatively, and has great collaboration and communication skills.
As the voice of our customers worldwide, you’ll deeply understand how to make users’ lives better through software. You will accomplish this by teaming up with designers, developers, and testers to create delightful, engaging experiences and highly scalable, real-time transactional systems. You will gather customer requirements, design prototypes to represent customers’ needs then work with the rest of the engineering team to build those products and iterate on them over time.
Who You Are:
- Passion-- your work matters. Your features matter. You take ownership and give your all.
- Grit-- sometimes solutions take creative thinking and multiple iterations. You try many different approaches to get to
- Strong interest in what computing can do-- a passion for technology and how to apply that to problems of massive scale
- Excellent communication skills-- you know how to present ideas and convince others
- Strong views on what is right, but very open to new ideas-- the best PMs are not necessarily those with the best ideas, but those that ensure the best ideas get done
- Selfless-- Product Management is about making sure the best work gets done by the team, not that your ideas get done.
- Empathy-- As a PM you are the voice of the customer and need to represent them from a position of deep understanding.
- Entrepreneur-- as a PM you need to get out there and convince others of your ideas
What You Have:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Background in software development throughout the product lifecycle
- Demonstrable creative thinking
- Experience in Machine Learning/ AI
- Ability to solve technical problems
- Experience in driving partnership/collaboration that result in win-win solutions
- Strong verbal/written communication, influencing, and organizational skills
- Professional coding experience a big plus
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) and huge plus if you speak any/or all of the following languages in addition: Thai, Korean, Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, etc.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without a contract in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk.The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.