WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The US Director of Payroll will be responsible for developing a strategic vision for the US payroll department to accommodate the growth of the company. This position will direct the activities of a 3-person team including the payroll manager and her 2 direct reports.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
The following responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establish an audit process that addresses the changes made to payroll each period
- Review the audit before payroll is submitted for payment.
- Recommend process improvements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of payroll output and payroll resources and drive those initiatives. Develop and implement repeatable processes and procedures for all new payroll activities.
- Must demonstrate proactive management of tasks and deliverables.
- Demonstrate collaboration and team skills across functions.
- Review and sign off prior to any reports being sent to other departments
- Review all payroll reporting requests, triage and plan for report design/build and fulfillment of the requests by the specified due dates.
- Identify and manage opportunities for API’s to improve efficiencies
- Review Fidelity funding audit prior to submission
- Primary point of contact with KPMG regarding U.S. Expats and Inpats and short-term international assignments
- Manage all payroll deliverables associated with International Assignments
- Review all Tax filings
- Review /Design SOX Payroll Processing Narratives
- Primary point of contact for Payroll SOX walkthrough
- Direct and manage all deliverables associated with OSV (3rp party payroll transmitter)
- General oversite of what is generated by the Payroll Department before being distributed to other departments
- Assist Payroll Manager with Workday testing of new processes etc.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (Business, Finance, Accounting preferred)
- Experience processing commissions, bonuses and stock-based compensation payrolls
- 5-7 years of experience managing a multi-state payroll department
- Manage and review submission of multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes for 600+ employees consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws
- Review the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations to ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness
- Supervise payroll staff, including payroll manager and payroll specialists
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
- Proficient at MS Office and Excel
- Working experience of payroll tax at the federal, state and local levels
- Ability to manage and lead staff to excellent performance
- Must have previous work experience for a publicly held company
- Strong understanding of stock-based compensation processing and reporting
- Strong understanding of SOX compliance requirements
- Must be a team player
- Must be highly organized
- Prefer an active CPP
- Experience with Workday is a plus
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.