Manager, Editorial Content
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Trade Desk seeks a talented Content Manager to drive the production of impactful, inventive and inspiring content that ladders up to our larger company brand vision and message. This role will work alongside the Creative and Content team to conceptualize editorial pieces, partner with specialist functions to execute, project manage the development and strategize the distribution tactics to our audiences across the advertising landscape and beyond.
As part of our “internal agency” team, the Manager, Editorial Content will be responsible for digesting inbound creative briefs, serving as the project’s key point of contact, developing cross-functional relationships, and coordinating internal resources to make certain all objectives are achieved on time and on budget. This role will also ensure the finished product captures The Trade Desk’s voice for each audience group, offers unique perspectives to emphasize key messaging points, achieves the goal of the piece overall, and ladders up to our team’s overarching strategy.
The Manager, Editorial Content role requires creativity, project management acumen, and a commitment to producing published materials to drive business objectives. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, motivated, curious, and always willing to help. As a critical part of the Marketing team, you’ll work directly with the Director of Marketing to drive the company’s editorial content, as well as work closely with our Creative, Digital, PR, Brand, Client Services and Product Marketing teams to produce materials.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Collaborate with the Creative and Content team to drive a continuous stream of high-quality content ideas to align with key releases, campaigns or messaging.
- Guide several content projects simultaneously and autonomously.
- Field creative brief requests from internal partners; gain a thorough understanding of the project’s needs and help provide an optimal strategic/creative solution.
- Manage end-to-end project—including conceptualizing, researching, fact checking, editing, and obtaining publishing approval via proper team and legal channels – from brief to delivery.
- Manage all internal project meetings; timing, location, attendees and content of the meeting
- Coordinate with internal team members to ensure that project requirements, scope and deliverables are understood and that deadlines are met on time and with consistency and accuracy
- Keep key stakeholders aware of the progress of deliverables and timelines.
- Partner with The Trade Desk’s subject matter experts globally as needed to reinforce the company’s thought leadership position in the space.
- Work across the different marketing functions to understand business objectives and drive content creation.
- Measure the result of your content initiatives and use performance metrics to inform overall content strategy.
- Ensure all external content maintains a high level of quality, features a consistent tone and style, and supports and reinforces key messages for given audience at each stage of the sales funnel.
- Exhibit confidence, a “can-do” attitude, and self-starter mentality
- Be a team player; create, maintain, and foster a positive and supportive team dynamic
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5-8 years of content marketing experience, preferably in the B2B technology space
- Proven ability to drive, manage and execute high quality content.
- 1-3 years’ experience at a creative, digital or marketing agency
- Passion for great work and the process + strategies which drive it
- In-depth knowledge of digital marketing and brand storytelling
- Reverence of multitasking as an art form
- Clear, concise, direct communication style
- Strength in building relationships across internal team and external vendors
- Intellectual curiosity to learn all things programmatic and the nuances of the advertising technology industry.
- Knowledge of content marketing metrics and reporting
- Ability to work independently and prioritize effectively and balance multiple, disparate work streams.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations, action plans, and results
- Make a positive contribution to the Trade Desk company and culture
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without a contract in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.