GM, People Operations - APAC
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Based in Hong Kong, this is a unique opportunity to join our disruptive global technology company and be part of a cohesive team focused on formulating People Operations strategies. Our People Operations team is made up of colleagues that anchor us to our mission and help us stay on the road while racing in the fast lane.
As GM, People Operations - APAC, you will head up and work with the People Operations team and The Trade Desk business leaders to create and maintain a company culture of excellence, one in which people feel engaged and inspired to make The Trade Desk one of the best places to work in the APAC region. This position reports to the Global Head of People Operations.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
The role is both operational and strategic and very hands-on. It’s expected to ensure a People Operations strategy that is in line with the vision and tone set by the overall company strategy.
- Coach APAC leaders and management on employee relations, performance management, professional development, process management, and effective team building.
- Identify the need for employee learning and development, retention strategies, succession planning and career development
- Help to develop and implement global policies, including compensation & benefits programs.
- Regular communication with US and EMEA teams to ensure consistency and alignment with global team practices, reporting, systems and processes
- Oversee employee data management, analysis and reporting to ensure statutory compliance with relevant country legislation (i.e. data protection).
- Understand and stay current on APAC employment practices & laws, industry trends, and new developments.
- Partner and communicate closely and regularly with US & APAC based business leaders and People Operations business partners to ensure alignment and consistency.
- Partner with US & EMEA based partners on various initiatives (i.e. performance assessment process, global policies and programs, etc.)
- Manage various employee practices including onboarding, record keeping, administration (i.e. changes in status, classification/review/consulting of job descriptions, terminations, compliance, etc.)
- Ownership of policy development and communication of these policies to managers and staff, ensuring effective implementation.
- Using analytics and various business metrics to drive strategic decision making as it relates to people and policies.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
Successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal, communications, time management, change management, decision making, presentation and organizational skills.
- A bachelor’s degree is required with at least 15 years of HR work experience. An MBA or master’s degree, in a related field, is preferred
- Strong track record of positive people management, across the region
- Strong exposure across Asia
- Deep knowledge of international statutory benefits, compensation, compliance, leaves of absence and common country employment practices
- Experience with establishing employment practices internationally
- Ability to think strategically, and execute quickly and seamlessly
- Proven track record of consultative HR experience and working with senior executives
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Operates in a transparent manner with a strong team focus. Possesses a well-developed sense of humor and listens first.
- Self-starter. Able to challenge the status-quo sensitively and constructively.
- Possess strong influencing and interpersonal skills, and comfort level of working in a demanding and high performing work environment.
- Ability to work across time zones; Openness to travel on an as-needed basis, potentially up to 30%
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.