WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Trade Desk Strategy team is the sales planning and enablement branch of the Business Development Team. Whether it’s to drive forward prospective business, growing new accounts, or surfacing incremental revenue, our primary goal is to strategically support the account teams by developing targeted recommendations intended to meet and exceed our client’s key performance indicators (KPIs).
The Programmatic Strategist will become fluent in all aspects of The Trade Desk platform, targeting capabilities, product features, and positioning in the DSP marketplace. Doing so will allow this individual to effectively serve as a development hub for new business-oriented materials such as, Request for Proposal (RFP) and Request for Information (RFI) responses, proactive proposals and capabilities decks.
This person will collaborate with various internal teams to decode advertiser business objectives and develop innovative solutions around our proprietary tech. The ideal Strategist candidate should understand the ad agency landscape and how digital media buyers operate to always position TTD’s technology and services in a compelling way. This person should also be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, playing a supportive and consultative role to the Business Development team and must be able to produce high quality, analytical work while often operating under tight deadlines.
This is a fantastic growth opportunity for someone early/mid-career who is hungry to learn and thrive within the growing programmatic space and is ideal for detail-oriented, data-driven individuals with an eye for curating client-facing materials and collateral. The candidate must have a genuine interest in AdTech, big data and playing an instrumental part in the future of advertising.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Partner with Business Development team to develop strategies that will drive revenue from new and existing accounts
- Strategize to ensure high quality responses to reactive RFP/RFI proposals, media plans and other client facing materials to give TTD the best chance of winning opportunities.
- Partner with core sales teams to aggregate relevant insights, historical campaign performance, inventory avails, and develop custom strategies for proposals
- Develop expertise in programmatic strategies and TTD’s platform, product offerings and resources
- Collaborate with sales to research prospective brands, advertisers, and marketplace trends to understand their current marketing efforts, competitors, and positioning
- Ownership of the sales asset library. Organize all presentation and other assets
- Manage, create and publish weekly Newsletter in partnership with senior programmatic strategist and director
- Become an internal consultative resource on programmatic strategies and partnership specific information
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 1-3 years of Media Planning & Digital Strategy experience
- Must be able to work independently, self-motivated and scrappy; deal well with ambiguity and take initiative to get the job done
- Team player and customer service-oriented
- Fantastic writing and communications skills, ability to articulate your thoughts to internal and external parties
- Ability to turn a concept or idea into substantive, visual marketing materials
- Ability to think analytically, strategically and tactically
- Comfortable with online advertising metrics/KPIs
- Quick learner - able to grasp new technology and product changes
- Meticulous attention to detail; Can you find a needle in a haystack? Will you not quit until you do?
- Knowledge of AdTech ecosystem and/or programmatic industry, DSPs, or DMPs is plus but not required
- Ad agency planning/buying or publisher sales planning experience preferred
- Exceptional PPT skills
- Solid Excel Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.