Head of People Operations Business Partners (US)
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Head of People Operations Business Partners (US) is a leader and business partner committed to delivering high-quality service to The Trade Desk company business leaders, employees and colleagues. This role will partner with clients to engage and retain high performing talent, participate with PeopleOps (PO) leadership in developing strategic direction for the department, identify and drive adoption of best-in-class HR/PO practices, while continuously resolving employee needs at all levels. Success in this position requires modeling and actively promoting a culture of collaboration and cooperation while driving achievement and issue resolution.
The role will have strong knowledge and progressive experience across the spectrum of PO related functions and will be a respected resource for TTD, PO colleagues and others. An important aspect of this position includes leveraging data to deliver insight and drive action for the business. The ideal candidate will have excellent business instincts, a strong bias toward driving business process efficiency, consistency and continuous improvement and a practical attitude to determine when a situation requires following an established protocol vs. a flexible approach. The position will report to the Vice President of Global People Operations.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Partner with business leaders to develop strategic and operational PO programs that will strengthen culture, improve performance, and enhance engagement within their group.
- Serve as a consultant to management on key organizational and management issues, and as an employee champion.
- Coach business leaders on execution of performance management and talent management processes to promote a culture of high performance, continuous growth and development.
- Manage the resolution of complex employee relations issues, leading / assisting in the investigation of employee complaints and partnering with legal counsel when needed. Advise and counsel management regarding appropriate disciplinary actions to create consistency and ensure minimal legal risk.
- Manage and develop staff to ensure proper performance standards, education (legal/compliance and general skills development), and guidelines are followed within own team. Will directly manage the US people business partner team and collaborate with the international people business partner team to ensure consistency with employment practices and to accomplish global initiatives. Provide development where needed to PO staff to be consultative and strong coaches on people policies and programs for the organization.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build and maintain morale, and increase productivity.
- Maintain knowledge of HR/PO industry trends and new employment related legislation. As necessary, communicate policies, procedures and program revisions to assigned client groups.
- Collaborate with PO team colleagues to identify and drive improvement opportunities in the delivery of PO services
- Analyze turnover, transfers and exit interview data to proactively identify trends, and provide recommendations for improvement to clients.
- Partner with the Compensation, Benefits, Talent Acquisition and Learning & Development teams to ensure the organization can attract, motivate, develop and retain great talent through effective resourcing, training & development, performance management and reward strategies.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- BA/BS degree in business, communication, psychology industrial relations or related discipline and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 10 years human resources experience
- Minimum 5 years supervisory/management experience in HR/PO functions
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to align people strategy with business strategy
- Proven ability to develop relationships and partnerships (internal and external) at all levels of the organization, exhibit strong leadership and influencing skills, and design, implement, and lead change management initiatives
- Provide senior management with analytical information and insights (e.g., employee metrics, survey information)to facilitate holistic business decisions and guide business leaders’ actions;
- Facilitate conflict resolution around sensitive issues
- Strong and creative problem solving skills are a must
- Ability to work collaboratively building teams across business groups and functions
- Agile, flexible and comfortable working in a change intensive environment
- Superb judgment and integrity, including excellent decision making skills and a sense of urgency
- Willingness to learn, grow and assume expanded duties as business needs evolve
- Ability to work both tactically and strategically to ensure business needs are met
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities, along with the ability to triage when appropriate
- Experience working with employment counsel
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills
- Must be organized, detail and process oriented
- Must be skilled in use of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of HRIS systems
- Supplementary designations (PHR, SPHR) related to the human resource field may be helpful
- Position will be based in Ventura, CA and employee will need to spend at least three days a week in our Ventura office
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.